1bobmay1;466377 Wrote:
> I am ready to replace my 6 year old PC (WIN XP) that is running my
> Squeezebox Server. Here are my requirements/configuration:
>
> 1) Needs to be a WIN or MAC O/S since I am using iTunes as my backbone
> 2) I have about 7,000 songs mostly in Apple Lossless format. Using
> about 145 GB of space
> 3) Machine will 95 % solely used for Squeezebox Server. A printer will
> be attached that will shared among MAC computers.
> 4) I have 3 squeezeboxes; 2 Version 2s and a version 3 - all wired
>
> I am interested in getting recommendations on CPU type, memory etc.
> that can run my library size.
>
> I'm guessing I can use a low end PC with a large HD but would like to
> get opinions from those who are very familiar with the demands of
> Squeezebox server.
>
> Thanks.

See my sig, Shuttle offers both pre-built and semi-build computers.
Only takes 27W, and I configured am X27D for a friend that runs Vista
Home on it, and it runs well. Make sure to get 2G RAM for Vista.

The other option is to upgrade whatever components in your old PC may
be obsolete.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: Shuttle X27 - Ubuntu 9.04 - SBS 7.4
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet, Accuphase DP65v CD
Amplifier: Accuphase E306v - Creek OBH21/22
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned) - Audioengine 5/S8 - Acoustic
Energy Aego M
Headphones: Grado SR-1