pippin;467629 Wrote:
> I think _this_ would be a really, really, bad idea.
> The problem with (multi)media players is that the use cases for audio
> and video are so different. Whenever you try to combine it you will end
> up with a product that sucks for one feature (usually audio) or even
> both.
>
> We are talking complex UI here? THAT would give you one hell of a UI
> issue.
>
> Just my 2cts.

I disagree to you Pippin. And i am shure. .-)
It depends only about the internal structure of the User Interface.
I promise you the next steps are playersinside the remote control.
Logitech have it inside the Controller and Ipeng will have it soon to
this inside player. Locuth did made a first announcement somehow for
SlimControl in October this year.
Next step will be maybeebeginning next year to integrate a player
inside a mediaplayer that is able to use the Squeezeserver.
Maybee they use just a Slimserver like its now inside the touch.

--
arztde