mherger;467639 Wrote:

> That's what you've seen so far. Someone has to be the first to do it
> right :-)

There is no "right". "Convergence" is a myth, a technical myth. In the
end. it's not technical platforms that sell systems but user needs.

arztde;467640 Wrote:
> I disagree to you Pippin. And i am shure. .-)
> It depends only about the internal structure of the User Interface.

No, internal structure is useless technobabble.
I listen to music while I'm sitting on my desk, while I'm in my bath,
I'm in the kitchen, while I'm dining, while I'm in bed.
I listen to the same music over and over again.

I watch TV in the evening when I want to cease thinking and I watch a
Video when I want to be entertained. Both are things I only do in front
of a TV and I rarely watch the same program even twice.

These use cases are so fundamentally different that they will never
demand the same UI or integration into the same "system".

> I promise you the next steps are players inside the remote control.

What does this have to do with video or media integration?
My remote control is an iPod touch, which is a player IN THE FIRST
PLACE or a Controller which has had this for a long while. So what?

> If Logi starts not someone else will start.
Dozens of companies have already "started" this, they all failed an so
will all that follow.
Including Logitech if the are foolish enough to go that route.

My list of things that will never be successful, I offer bets about
beer on this:

- "Multimedia" Players that replace your audio equipment; you will see
audio features in Media Players (obviously) but they will be a pain to
use and pwople will have other solutions along with them.
- Internet on TV - TV manufacturers might include this but people will
not use it.
- DRMed Music (ok, this is an old one, but I feel it's one I won).
- Internet in the car. I explicitly exclude offboard navigation and
audio/video streaming. But people will never really use a built-in car
device to browse the internet or do their e-mail.

I will add to the list by time...

Don't get me wrong, there will always be a few people doing this,
there's even a number of DAB users out there, but it will never gain
mass market acceptance.

--
pippin

---