I have also used the current playlist for radio stations and observed
the same problems, MSB is my main source until I get around to build a
dedicated media server.
One reason why I tried it was because I wanted to jump back and forth
betweeen stations with rew/fwd buttons, but that (mostly) didn't work. I
have quite a few favourites of different categories on MSB and found it
to be convenient to place a subset of them on the playlist according to
what music I was in the mood for. Apparently this is not something that
the developers have envisioned since already before the update it didn't
work exactly as one could expect. Doesn't work "as expected" on SBS
either. There's a thread about this in the Squeezenetwork section, I
suggest that those (if any) interested in the issue use that thread
instead.

--
alfista