MusicIP works fine.
I'll give it a shot to see about scan times after I've sorted my drive
data rate issue (turns out the data rates on my SATA drives were
~3MB/sec). I stuck a borrowed SATA adapter in and got back to ~72MB/sec.
Had to give that one back, but will have my own in a day or two. Yes,
replacing the motherboard makes better sense, but I don't have the time
to get a server all re-setup.
Have my drives been this slow all along? Honestly, I dunno. I suspect
it's somewhat recent as, within the last month or two, my squeezebox
players have developed the annoying habit of pausing for a couple of
seconds when squeeze center was in the "consolidate" phase after
scanning.
But, the server's based on a Via C7. Which replaced one based on a C3.
So I'm not used to a speedy music server :)

--
bobkoure