2GB TC here seems to work pretty well. I got it because I got fed up
with trying to get TimeMachine to work reliably to my NAS/Server (now I
have since figured that out, but the TC is working pretty well, so).

My big complaint is that my bedroom boom rebuffers pretty frequently
especially at night. I think that it is related to competition for
signal (lots of neighbours with wireless), but I've gone as far as to
put my original single band AP into the mix (also apple) using whatever
tech apple uses to extend their networks (WDS I think).

When I tried to add a third AP to the mix (win the wireless war through
superior signal strength), this being an old WRT54G with Tomato, it made
things worse - the boom registered LOWER signal strength.

So, long story short, things seem to work pretty well with the apple
stuff. It isn't as configurable as some other options (I miss
Tomato/DDWRT), but seems more stable overall and has good xfer rates. It
was either apple or build my own AP with an Alix 3D1  running mm0n0wall;
turns out I don't have the time or inclination to fiddle that much these
days.

Sorry if this was a threadjack.

--
ianr