sflen;476245 Wrote:
> In my very large house with all masonry walls (including internal
> walls), the only way to get wireless everywhere was to use the Belkin
> Powerline Adapters - I have 2 sets - 4 units. I wanted to use my laptop
> everywhere AND have SqueezeBox music throughout the house.
>
> I have 3 SqueezeBox Classics, 1 Transporter. and 3 Apple Airport
> Extremes. The Belkins are connected to the Airport Extremes with an
> ethernet cable. One room needed the SB to be directly connected to the
> Belkin with an ethernet cable but the others are working wirelessly -
> without a problem.
>
> I highly recommend the Belkin product although I had to return 1 set
> because of a defect. No problem as Amazon took care of it.
>
> I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the info. Just to be sure of your setup...you use the
powerline adapters to provide a "wired" connection for the Airport
Extremes. The Airport Extremes then provide a wireless signal for that
room in your house. Lastly, your SB (except for the one connected
directly to the powerline adapter) connect to the Airport Extremes via
wireless? Just want to make sure I understand your setup in case I try
something like this myself. Just curious, what kind of router do you
use? It would be good to know what router works well with the belkin
powerline adapters. Thanks again for the info.

--
rrweather