Ok, I'm one of those "few" who has been searching for this option...and
from my research it is infact a growing field of interest...esp. as
more devices before networked.

I have spent ALOT of time getting my music in the format i want it in
MC. And I really like the interface...so much I actually paid for the
software...a rare thing these days.

The reason I am at this forum, is that I am considering paying $500AUD
for a Squeezebox so that I can try and get it to act as IP speakers for
my J.River Media Center.

So, perhaps the guys at SlimDevices don't want my $500, or the other
two people's $500, but guys, please, at least stick to the topic and
help us, the guys who do want this functionality, to work out a way to
get it (perhaps via the Squeezebox) instead of bagging us for some
aledged "marriage" to j.River Media Centre.

For the record, I want to use a tablet PC as my lounge PC and run MC on
this (similar to those here with a laptop). Yes, I have tried to use VNC
and RemotelyAnywhere and Norton PC Anywhere and they are all substandard
solutions - as is FM,  bluetooth->speaker etc.

I am likely to buy one of these devices from eBay soon and try and do
the mods., but I would like to think I'd get some support from the
community here rather than the bagging that seems to run through this
thread.

Some come on guys, keep the spirit and try to help us to do what WE
want to do with Squeezebox rather than argue and try and dissuade us.

One last thing...the guy who's using shoutcast...
I tried this, however the results were sub-standard.
Does this re-sample the mp3's? I tried, but am unable to have it stream
when set to do no encoding (my mp3's are VBR 192 and 240 min.) What's
the quality like? Is there any degredation? Also what cpu usage is
there...the tablet pc is only 1.1Ghz.

Thanks and let's work to get a better solution than Apple Airport!

--
davros