DigitalMitch;481106 Wrote:
> eyeball, well done for fixing artistsort - are you sharing this code
> back to Frank for wider distribution?
>
> at the same time, have you considered albumartistsort which SBS has
> started supporting since 7.4
I'm still using version 7.3.3. It seems thet 7.4 is not that stable at
the moment.
As for the ARTISTSORT, it's quite simple. I extended the SELECT
statement of the base sql query:

sql = "Create table ACC " &_
"SELECT DISTINCT " &_
"CONVERT(album_artist.name USING UTF8) AS 'AlbumArtist'," &_
new=> "album_artist.namesort AS AlbumArtistSort," &_

Later in function fnCreateSQLQuery I replaced the AlbumArtist with
AlbumArtistSort:

sQOrderBy = "order by AlbumArtistSort,AlbumYear
DESC,AlbumName,Disc,Tracknum;"

Of course, you have to change the other ORDER statements, too (I didn't
use them).
BTW, if you set the squeezecenter option to ignore leading articles
(The, Der, Die, Das, Le, La,...) you don't need the option in ACC,
because in the database table the artists are stored without articles in
the namesort field.

--
eyeball