I understand why the Controller gets a bad rap, but why the Receiver
does too is beyond me.  I've been running 2 of them for over a year
without issue.  One wired, the other wireless.  Only problems I've had
have been related to weak WiFi signal, surely more a function of my
junky router and placement, not the fault of the Receiver.

If your setup would benefit from a display, absolutely go for the
mature design of the Classic.  Do you really want to put the new Touch
at your parents' place?  Hopefully it will be bug free, but it's new so
who knows how stable it will be (at least initially.)  If you don't care
about the display, the Receiver is a solid choice.

--
ajkidle