I don't think your error would be resolved by compiling squeezeslave
natively, it indicates that the vorbis decoder does not recognize the
stream as vorbis.  The vorbis decoder is probably the least tested part
of SS, at least by me.  Looking at the decoder source, the behaviour
you're seeing is to be expected.  If any error occurs while decoding
ogg/vorbis the decoder stops and you need to manually advance to the
next track as a bug in the buffering code prevents SS from advancing
automatically.  I hope to have this fixed for version 1.0.

Please provide the version and revision of Squeezebox Server you're
running as well as the ouput from squeezeslave -V

--
ralphy