If you don't like change, then don't change stuff (i.e. install new
software).

Personally, 7.4 went very smoothly for me.    While I may not care too
much for the "my" names -- the "my apps" folder structure is VASTLY
superior to the old way that hid shoutcast three selections deep and the
seemingly redundant menu areas.   Now, all the services I use are in one
spot and are one menu level away from home -- Excellent!   It took me
about 30 sec to figure out what "My Apps" was for - didn't seem all that
complicated.

Seems much easier for a new (and experienced) user to find what they
are looking for more quickly and with less frustration.   In fact,
"internet radio" could probably be grouped successfully under "my apps"
to further clean up the home menu.

FWIW, I started with my slim devices a couple years ago.   The
software's functionality and features are much better than they were
when I started.    I don't feel at all that it's become bloated - in
fact, the restructuring of the menu system eliminated "bloat" if
anything.

I don't like change for the sake of change and I don't personally think
that's what's going on here.  I can see clear reasons for many of the
changes in the new software and after just a minor amount of getting
used to, the system is as much a pleasure to use as ever.

Perhaps we should have two software releases --- one stupid simple that
rarely changes and has only a few commonly used features - for Joe
Sixpack.    The other as it is today for those of us who can appreciate
the features, flexibility, and power of the current system, without
getting confused or frustrated by it.

--
86atc250r