hoiho;486914 Wrote:
> The worst thing is the presence of both plugins and apps to do the same
> thing - like LastFM. And the fact that you have to go to a web site to
> set them up. It's a confusing, undocumented, mess. Maybe it will get
> cleaned up soon. I certainly hope so.
>
> Personally, I don't see much value in any of the apps over plugins, but
> I suppose "apps" are just the flavour of the month, tho', like pointless
> little touch screens .

As I've understood the plan is that everything is going to be apps, the
7.4 released was rushed a bit because the Radio hardware required it,
the same thing will probably happen soon with the 7.5 release which is
required for the Touch hardware. However, after that I hope Logitech
takes some time to consolidate things to avoid further confusion. After
the consolidation, you will just have the App Gallery that contains both
music services provided by Logitech and third party plugins and applets
provided by third party developers.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))