I discussed this already in another thread but guess I may have more
success if it's in its own proper thread.

I have a WDS setup at home. The Master router is connected to a small
LAN which has my Squeezebox Server connected as well. My Squeezebox is
closest to this router, so I would like to force it to connect to this
router. A method that supposedly works is to use Mac Filtering on the
other router to deny the Squeezebox access to that router.
For some reason this doesn't work. The Squeezebox insists on connecting
to the Slave, where the connection is denied and the Squeezebox then
acts as if it can't connect anywhere (i.e. blank screen) without trying
the Master. The only way I can get the Squeezebox to connect to the
Master is by powering off the Slave router, then the Squeezebox finds
the Master and connects to it. If I then power up the Slave router
again, I would notice after a few days that the Squeezebox went blank
again because it tried to connect to the Slave again.
Is anyone else having this problem ? Why doesn't the Squeezebox just
try the Master if the Slave doesn't work ? Or is the fact that both have
the same SSID (WDS requirement) cause the problem ?

The weird thing is that in the past I had a setup where I wanted my
Squeezebox to always connect to the Slave, and so I used a MAC Filter on
the Master. This has always worked.

--
Squid