eschurig;490810 Wrote:
> Wow.  I thought the touch was not available yet.  It is surprising that
> production would be cut off before the replacement was available,
> especially, right before Christmas.
>
> I'm in the US.  I wonder if there are some SB3 classics available here
> for a discount.  The classic squeezebox is what originally drove my
> interest in this product line.  I had been hoping Logitech might ramp up
> the volumes and get costs down to $150 or so.  Streaming capability is
> now being built into receivers.  I would think this would make the $300
> price range a difficult market for squeezeboxes.  I'd have a half dozen
> squeezeboxes at $150 rather than just the couple I own now.  I do enjoy
> the ones I have very much.
The original plan was that the SB Touch would be available for the
Christmas season, but software development has taken longer than
expected. SB3s are still available at a lot of retailers, but not at
$150. For example, Amazon says they have them in stock for $269. If you
want a $150 SB, you need to go for the SB Duet Receiver or the SB Radio.
Eventually SB3s may get down to $150 on eBay -- I haven't checked lately
but I don't think they're anywhere near that now.

--
aubuti