zzvelik;493851 Wrote:
> I read a post at the AVS forum and it doesn't look like we'll ever have
> 24/96 on the SB3 due to the CPU according to Michael (See below).  The
> post was made almost 2 years ago, so if the CPU is still regarded as the
> bottleneck esepecially since I have a modded SB3 by Bolder Cable and was
> hoping to keep it vs upgrading to another unit.
>
> <<The Transporter also has the ability to play 24/96 files (and 24/88
> in beta firmware) while the Squeezeboxes tops out at 24/48 (because
> we're maxing out the SB's CPU) even with an outboard DAC.
>
> Mike
> __________________
> Michael Valera
> Online Communities Manager
> slimdevices.com>>
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=991049

Not possible for Receiver or SB3 Classic to do 24/96 native. If one has
enough processing power on ones server and at least SC 7.3.1 the Server
can use SoX to down convert the files enabling them to be played at
24/48 so that one doesn't have to have separate files.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom