kphinney;501854 Wrote:
> True, as long as you don't care to use FLAC and don't mind iTunes.  Most
> are happy with ALAC and the functionality of iTunes.  I'm not a fan of
> it, but it does have pretty close to the same functions as the above
> named programs.  In fact, many years ago I had a G3 B&W Mac and a
> scavenged 8 bay SCSI CD tower that I picked up at an MIT swap-meet.  All
> I needed to do was plug it in to the wall and the B&W's SCSI port and I
> was able to drop 8 CDs in and rip them in ALAC with only the need to
> drop in another cd when one was ejected!!  That was a fun day!

Yep, I use itunes for synching my ipods/iphones and like it just fine
as a music management tool in many ways. Easy to search, etc. (if only
the web interface to SbS was half as easy to use in terms of showing
libraries, sorting, creating smart playlists, etc....  Yes, I use
dynamic playlists, custom browse, etc. etc., but none of this is as
simple as the basic itunes model).  Unfortunately, itunes doesn't do
secure rips and/or have AccurateRip access. And I much prefer FLAC files
for use on all my SqueezeBoxes. I have no need for lossless on my IPOD,
and the SB environment seems to work much better with FLAC files as
compared with Apple Lossless.

--
garym