I must say I'm still in the 'nothing much wrong with iTunes' camp. It
works. It's reliable. The interface is intuitive and friendly. What's
not to like?

When kphinney goes on about Apple using iTunes as a money-grabbing
tool, I'm mystified. So ... ignore that. I use iTunes all the time, and
I don't think I've ever bought one thing with it. Because that stuff
never comes up. Just use the program.

I like Frank Sinatra. I never think about the mafia.

And on the subject of Mac recording programs, as we seem to be
list-compiling here, I use and like Wiretap Studio.

--
whitman