ronin;507790 Wrote:
> you stand corrected, lan_ip_mode=1 is DHCP.
>
> why can't i switch sources in iPeng without losing the connection
> entirely?

That's what I would like to understand, too.
iPeng doesn't talk to the player directly. It tells the server to which
the player is _currently_ connected to connect it to the new server and
the actual switch is then initiated by the server (the current one).

I have no idea what the server does, then.

I can reproduce cases in which the switch doesn't work (e.g. when I use
an ambiguous URL when connecting from over the internet but then usually
the plkayer stays connected to the original server.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com