pablolie;510951 Wrote:

> so i think the basic architecture of some systems is flawed by trying
> to be some sort of new appliance that replicates functionality that is
> available elsewhere, and includes areas of expertise that are alien to
> audio vendors (why on earth should they design a better computer than
> established computer vendors)?

Sorry, but I don't think this argument holds water. It is assuming
everyone can be bothered to: buy, own, maintain, pay for, allocate space
for, have some remote interest in - a server. I doubt that is the case
for the general public - at least not to an extent where it makes sense
to rule out the option.

--
bhaagensen