I find web ui performance fine too, although I do use Chrome for it.

The iPad is a rather bizarre looking thing, like they thought they'd
just supersize an iPhone. Not too sure if that's the right way forward.

As for no multi-tasking - I nearly fell off my chair. Agree with Pipin
that not multitasking has helped the iPhone succeed (although i have a
jailbroken one and use the Backgrounder app regularly), but if I buy an
iPad I would be reaching for it instead of the laptop as I sit on the
couch and if it can't multitask it is much less useful than it could be.

--
havoc1