aubuti;510974 Wrote:
> .......... I can understand the OP's point that -It seems to me with all
> we can access, Television Audio shouldn't be that big of a deal.- But
> even if it's technologically trivial, I doubt there's a big market, and
> I certainly don't see any of the providers falling over each other to
> separate the audio stream from the video.

I'd guess if there were a big enough market for it (and assuming there
were no licensing issues) someone would have come up with an aggregator
service to provide this.
Like RadioTime but for TV broadcasts.

But I'd bet there are a number of issues preventing this:
-  legal/licensing
-  few broadcasters (if any) are offering audio only feeds
-  if broadcasters offered such online content it would likely be
restricted to embedded players
-  TV broadcasting is a visual medium, audio only would make it's most
important aspect (i.e. commercials) much diminished
-  limited consumer interest in audio only TV re-broadcasts

As suggested, using computer cable cards and tuners or with some of the
current online content, it is likely doable.  But the workaround seems
awfully complex and limited.

I can see some peoples attraction to this whole concept, but personally
I use my SB players to get away from the very same TV content others
want to add to SB players.

--
toby10