MelonMonkey;511629 Wrote:

> I'd have no problems paying $20 for a new version of iPeng if it
> supported playback on top of all this.

I'd have no problems paying $20 for a iPad version of iPeng without
playback.

MelonMonkey;511629 Wrote:

> And I suspect thousands of other people feel the same way.  Imagine how
> many people are out there, currently without Squeezebox hardware that
> might be interested in being able to use iPeng as a player along with a
> server installation?  No one is going to convince the mass-market that
> the audio quality out of the iPod or iPad isn't good enough.  Most
> listeners here don't have the rest of the equipment to ever notice a
> difference either.

I'm not sure about playback on iPad. It's very useful as a Squeezebox
replacement when you have it in the docking station but is it really
going to be that useful when the iPad isn't in the dock ?

The iPhone or iPod Touch is completely different because you can keep
them in the pocket with headphones. I'm imagining that I'll want to use
some other application on the iPad if I don't have it in the dock and as
I've understood it, everyone assumes it won't support background
applications.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))