results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

Mnyb;512085 Wrote:
> Yea substitute plugins with third party applications :) Touch would
> still run lua apps. And with the new licensing in place. I think we will
> se extensive mods on the stock applications too, hopefully lua is not to
> hard to learn for those who can write code.

Yes, I'm sure we'll see many new Apps to replace old Plugins.
But which ones?  How many?  When will they be available?
If I'm mixing old players with new players and using TinySC I'll lose
the App/Plugin capabilities for the old players.

For a current SB user who uses many Plugins, or just can't live without
a particular Plugin, it would be a gamble to assume a replacement App
for said Plugin(s) is coming and will function similarly to the existing
Plugin(s).

The new concept of TinySC is incredible, but comes with limitations and
setup senerio issues that will add complexity to the buying decision of
both new and existing SB users.   :)

--
toby10