kdf;513375 Wrote:
> both devices are supported if run as a server on a PC.  They are not
> supported when run as "tinySBS" on the touch device.  This is due to
> additional overhead in the protocol for these devices..[

In 4 words: they are too "slim"...!? :-)

It's fascinating because back in 2005 0r 2006 there were passionate
religious discussions about the need to keep devices as slim and dumb as
possible, while others talked about the fancy UI limitations that
imposed.

And now we have similar discussions about adding better settings backup
functionality for these smarter devices. :-)

Moore's Law always gets us into these paradigm shifts. :-)

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: Shuttle X27D - Ubuntu 8.04LTS - SBS 7.4.1
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet (1), Radio (1), Accuphase DP65v CD
(used as DAC mostly)
Amplifiers: Accuphase E306v - Creek OBH21/22
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned) - Audioengine 5/S8 - Acoustic
Energy Aego M
Headphones: Grado SR-1