Thanks for your suggestion.  I "upgraded" from Pidgin to Astra as soon
as Astra become available via beta.  I used Pidgin for longer than you
might guess; and, definitely prefer it over the last generation Trillian
because of the active plugin support...

Please dont beat me up for saying this... because it might make you
pretty upset, but lets face it, Pidgin badly needs a complete overhaul
to update itself for modern OS's; and, also really could use the ability
to run in a browser without having to install a client... even Meebo
does that. I'll definitely consider switching back to Pidgin; but,
waiting for a completely renovated, next generation version (the same
way classic Trillian evolved to Astra may take years to catch up.  Below
is a screenshot of my desktop with Astra... blending into all modern day
apps...  However, no matter how great Astra is, it still doesnt have
Squeezebox support damnit! :)

Astra:
[image: http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/mkanet/2324553.jpg]

Pidgin: