eq72521;515984 Wrote:
> That's about perfect.  Back to my original question (I really didn't
> mean to hijack this thread, but I guess we're past that), is it possible
> to use for the "artist1", "artist2", etc. what would go in the
> ARTISTSORT tag?  This would make the artists actually sort properly when
> directly browsing the music directory.  If you can't do this, then the
> directory ends up looking like iTunes got a hold of it, which is just
> wrong.
VortexBox uses the ARTIST and ALBUM tags that are returned by FreeDB or
MusicBrainz (the two online CDDB databases it checks) to create the
directories where the encoded music files are placed.  These databases
do not have ARTISTSORT information.  So the answer to your question is
"NO".

The ripping/encoding/tagging program used by VortexBox is ripit. You
can find more information at http://www.suwald.com/ripit/news.php

--
Ron Olsen