agillis;515993 Wrote:
> I have never even heard of the ARTISTSORT tag. So VortexBox doesn't
> create it. How do you decide what goes in the ARTISTSORT tag?

ARTISTSORT  & ALBUMSORT are used for how you display lists to people.
I don't think I have ever seen them used to provide the physical folder
storage approach.  You would have to have some major rule definitions to
do this automatically at RIP time.

They are used for defining the string order you want sorts to use:

Eg Elton John -> John, Elton ; The Beatles -> Beatles, The etc etc.

I think Squeeze server will respect ARTISTSORT in the scanner.

Dave

--
DaveWr