Hi there
is there any way to assign fixed IP addresses to a Duet / Radio running
on a LAN

I'm often testing stuff remotely as well and with a router for example
you often need to "Port Forward" to specific machines on your LAN. For
example you want to access a HOME computer from work via RDP (Windows
users) then you need to port forward port 3389 to a specific machine on
your local LAN at home.

Now if my computer  is down and I've re-started the Squuezebox devices
before re-booting the computer the squeezebox devices "Grab" the IP
address that I've assigned to the computer with - predictable results as
you can guess.

Even if you assign a fixed IP address to your computer it doesn't stop
the squeezebox devices grabbing IP addresses if you start them BEFORE
your computer.

It's not really convenient to ensure all the squeezebox devices are
turned OFF before re-booting the computer.

On a LAN with a lot of testing (I'm running 5 or 6 Virtual Machines as
well on this LAN) I really would like the squeezebox devices to have
their own IP addresses to avoid a lot of silly networking problems.

BTW a lot of people having connectivity problems can usually solve
these by switching off their squeezebox devices,  restart their router,
reboot the computer and THEN switch on the squeezebox devices.

Cheers
jimbo

--
jimbo45