I had quite a few problems running dynamic addressing with my
Squeezeboxes plus laptop, desktop, printer.  I think it was related to
the "consumer router DHCP implementation" that andynormancx talked
about. Currently everything but my Laptop and my Radio are using "true"
static addresses.  My router doesn't support reserved addresses.  I
haven't spent the time to figure out how to set my radio to static
addressing... I imagine I could use the "trick" to turn-off DHCP on my
router and see if the right dialog comes up when I try to connect, or I
recall there's a way to configure it by logging in with SSH and
modifying config file(s).

--
tcutting