Muele;522806 Wrote:
> Thank you.
> But there are some issues.
> It still shows the artist, when it's Various artists.

That is by design. "Various artists" is how the DUET controller labels
compilations. So I do it the same way. It's not a true artist name.

> It never loads the artist at a later time. I hade the impression that
> it would load that infomation later just like the album artwork.

I forgot to mention this:
The album-artist will only be determined if you query like:
Artist XXX -> Album YYY
or
Artist XXX -> All albums

> New music is still using the old query and times out.

Thanks - I'll fix it.

> The album-list in artist X still times out.

Oh - I understood that worked in your environment.
Will have to lower the # of albums per query chunk.

> All tracks from artist X also times out after approx. 180 tracks.

Hadn't found the time to  change that query yet - sorry  Muele

> I don't understand the need for a 10 second timeout for the indexing.
> As long as I can see the counter going up, I'm content. And it's only on
> the first listing. Subsequently the lists are there instantly

Convinced!

> Idea: Make indexing start in the background as soon as SlimCtrl starts.
> Or make it possible to trigger a reindexing without timeout from the
> settings-pane.

That would (once again) take me into multithreading hell^^.
It's sleek once it works, but it's so much work to implement properly.

Thanks so much for your notes.
Sebastian

--
Locuth