garym;537123 Wrote:
> And no offense, but you really hear these transitions even when you are
> not intently looking at the track timer anticipating the change and
> wondering whether you hear something or not. You are saying that if you
> put on Dark Side of the Moon or Abbey Road and listen, without watching
> the timer, you hear something at track transition?  Not to question
> you, but the mind is a powerful thing when it comes to what we think we
> hear.
>
> I have a transporter as well, and play flacs ripped with default
> settings (no cue files) and stuff that is gapless plays gapless.

No offense taken, I have always noticed this, and was commenting about
"this is what gapless is like" when I was informed it shouldn't be like
this.

Yes, if I'm listening to Dark Side of The Moon, every time there is a
song transition, there is a little 'glitch' in the music where it
doesn't line up.  Like a little break.  Not a pause, just like two
pieces of music that don't line up.  All of the rips are from real CDs
(that don't exhibit this problem), so no worries about files of
indeterminate origin, etc.

--
SamS