Hello,
I know I asked a similar question about 2 years ago, and things have
changed a bit since then.  I am able to use my Blackberry Bold 9000 to
open the squeezebox server webpage and use it as a remote, that works
fine.  I am also able to finally stream mp3's to the blackberry using
the stream.mp3 option, however it's clunky, and I can only play my
mp3's, not FLAC files, and I have to keep switching back and forth
between the web page and the media player.  Doing so will often change
the IP address and the player in the drop down list, making it hard to
pick the right one.

Now I don't really use the Blackberry at home much as a remote, I use
my remote that came with the squeezebox.  I'm thinking of when I am on
the road, especially on those long family summer vacations, it would be
nice to be able to have access to my music library remotely.  I'd like
to be able to use something on the Blackberry to play my music from my
squeezebox.  I know Softsqueeze works for PC's, but is there anything
similar to this for mobile phones, specifically the Blackberry?

If not, is there someone out there smart enough to develop one?  I
would but I am not a programmer in any sense of the word, and would
never be able to do this.  I'd be willing to be a beta tester for it if
anyone ever wanted to put one together.

-capT

--
captain_tinker