aubuti,
Hmm, interesting, never heard of iPeng before.  Not an iPod or iPhone
person, so I'd not heard of it.  Looked up the website and read about
it, looks like a really interesting app, though it does only look like
it's for controlling not for playing remotely.

I guess my expectations are high, as Softsqueeze 3.8 is able to
stream all my music, mp3 and FLAC alike very easily over the internet,
so if they can do it with an app, why wouldn't it be possible with
another app specifically made for a different platform.  Sure, you are
right about FLAC being overkill for a BB, but BBOS 5 DOES play FLAC, it
isn't advertised, but I've played them, and it works, so why not?  Cloud
computing, having your data available anywhere at any time, not always
having to keep copies locally is the way of the future.  That's where
things are going, lets use the technology.  3G on a BB is plenty fast
for this too.  I don't mind so much if it has to transcode it to a
lossy codec on the fly for streaming to the BB, in a noisy car, who's
going to know the difference right?

jaredcoe,
I tested that Didiom using the free version, and sure enough, it
works.  Sounds just fine.  I believe that this proves that my theory is
sound.  It is possible to stream from the Squeezebox remotely,
especially since they already have the stream.mp3 option.  I would
think that at the most basic, one could wrap that URL into a simple app
where you would put in the hostname, the username and password, and just
let it listen on the right port in the background, while one uses the
browser to control the music being played through it.  In a little more
advanced version, set up something like softsqueeze that can do both
playing and controlling.  It would really be neat to see that done.

-capT

--
captain_tinker