I also have a Boom and a Radio. The Boom is in the kitchen and I
personally prefer it that way.

•       Louder than the Radio which can help with the noise often generated
in the kitchen.
•       The bracket is perfect for mounting under a cabinet so no work space
is interfered with.
•       Comes with a remote that has a magnetic back, sticks to the fridge
;O)
•       Currently, the Boom has no software issues. My radio usually lasts
about two days before I have to reinstall the firmware to get it going
again. Been like this since I got it at the beginning of this year.

I still like my Radio (when it works) and find that good for the
bedside as it is smaller. Though it lacks backlit buttons which the
Boom has and would be handy.

So, I recommend the Boom for the kitchen.

--
Justme