Erik L;547017 Wrote:
> One thing I do not understand with DSBridge is why it is necessary to
> recompress the music through Lame to MP3. This recompressing most
> likely reduces the sound quality. Would it not be possible to transfer
> the sound to the receiver in Redbook CD format instead?
>
> Erik L

The quality loss incurred by (re-)compression to 320 kbps mp3 is
negligible, I think, but yes, FLAC would have been better. Somewhere in
this thread chp mentioned that he would work on using FLAC instead, but
it seems he hasn't gotten around that yet. The source code is available
(and quite readable, very good actually) so you can take your own stab
at this (implement FLAC compression), if you know these things (I'm a
novice, so my efforts won't result in anything for a long time), and if
so, please share with us.

--
OppfinnarJocke

// OppfinnarJocke
SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.5.0 r8673, Player FW 65
I mainly use my Duet for Spotify via chp's DSBridge
(http://tinyurl.com/DSBridge),
without SBS through MySqueezeBox.com (see post #294 in the DSBridge
thread)