florca;547902 Wrote:
> The alarm works if you set the time from the server via Web - I think
> there are some display issues if you try to set the time from the
> device. You obviously have to leave Squeezeplay running on the Joggler
> for the alarm to work!
>
> There's a fix for the "Quit" button issue here:
> http://wiki.github.com/3guk/Joggler-Squeezeplayer/getting-the-quit-button-to-work
> although if you're running it as an Alarm then you probably don't want
> to quit in any event? Worth loading the other skin fixes from this
> site, which correct lots of niggles from the original version.
>
> My experience is that it all works really well with the revised WQVGA
> skin from 3guk, but the audio output quality is noticeably worse than
> an SB3 through the same amp / speakers - and the Touch is supposed to
> have a better DAC / analogue stage than the SB3! So really good as a
> casual Clock Radio type of device but worth buying a Touch if the sound
> quality is important.
>
> Brgds
> Phil

Its good to know that you've had success with the alarm.  Didnt work
for me when setting from the web ui from the server.  I did get the
touch UI weirdness you describe.

I agree its no replacement for the touch which is great in my hi-fi.
With a pair of external speakers this will make a great standalone.

Yes I got quit working now although it loses all my networking settings
even when I quit correctly.  Still its early days :)

--
markn