Mike Anderson;554394 Wrote:
> Is the Boom loud enough to cover a small/medium outdoor area - say 25'
> by 30'?
Until I got the Polks 2 months ago I was using a Boom in a similarly
sized area and it was okay. It depends on how loud you mean by "cover".
Because the sound dissipates so rapidly with distance outdoors the
single point location of the Boom means that to be heard at the edges
of your area it has to be a _lot_ louder near the Boom itself. In my
particular configuration I have to live with a bit too much separation
of the Polks, but the upside is that the sound level is more uniform
across the space. There's too much left channel in some places and too
much right channel in some places, but like Pablo said, outdoors is not
an ideal listening environment to begin with.

--
aubuti