andynormancx;554755 Wrote:
> Don't bother burning FLACs for the car. Use MP3s (or AAC if your player
> supports it), you'll never hear the difference between 192k MP3s and
> FLACs in car.

I think you may be talking about playback from a portable player like
an iPod, Zune, or Sansa.  There I would agree.  You probably won't be
able to tell the difference between a good quality Mp3 in the car and
you'll increase storage space and battery life by using a compressed
format.

But if you're going to burn a redbook CD then there's absolutely no
reason not to use full-quality FLAC files.  I use 'Burrrn'
(http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4) to burn FLACs directly to CD.
Extremely simple, especially if you have a CUE sheet for the album.

I'm not sure if there are any rippers that can also burn CDs directly
from FLAC files.  EAC can both rip and burn CDs, but it requires you to
decode the FLAC files to WAV first before it can burn.  I think the paid
version of dbpoweramp may have a CD burning component, but it's really a
separate program.

--
JJZolx

Jim