andynormancx;554755 Wrote:
> Don't bother burning FLACs for the car. Use MP3s (or AAC if your player
> supports it), you'll never hear the difference between 192k MP3s and
> FLACs in car.

I think it depends on the car and the persons ears. I burned a bunch of
192k songs to 12 disks so I could drive across the country only changing
disks once in the 6 CD changer. My better half asked me what was wrong
with the songs I was playing! Sure FLAC is one thing, but some times
depending on the vehicle and person's ears (and how often they listen
to the song), there is a need to burn at 256 or 320k. One gets more
songs on the disk then at Redbook levels and folks don't notice a
difference.

Now that we both have Squeezeboxes in our cars, MP3s are out. For
casual listening or background 192k might work, but for listening and
music enjoyment, it just doesn't cut it anymore for us. YMMV.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom