> I think there are many many with similar opinions (the silent majority).

Count me with you.   I have 7 squeezeboxen at my house of various
flavors & they all work most excellently, I rarely ever have any issues
with them at all & when I do it almost always can be traced down to
something on my server or network going on (like when the wife uploads
a batch of pictures and consumes all my upstream bandwidth).

I also have about 4 devices at another location that work practically
flawlessly as well.

Good server, solid network, and good network hardware are the key in my
opinion.

--
86atc250r