Well, as I've stated before I also don't believe that the most easy to
understand UI is always the best one because given a lack of space or
complexity you want to display at a time it means deep menus, lots of
dialogs and generally a slower use. Which is inefficient and annoying
for long-term users.

iPeng is supposed to be used long term.

That said: some of the issues mentioned here _will_ go away on iPad.
There is no need to swipe between subpages, there's enough space for
controls to show up a playlist or a list of players/music sources.
There's also enough space to permanently show basic player controls so
there is no need for a NowPlaying screen.
A lot of things will be easier because instead of grouping functions
in different screens you can group them in different areas of the
screen.

That said: the first incarnation of iPeng will not go much further than
doing that plus making appropriate views for iPad. Long term, however, I
believe there are even much better things you can do with that UI
because iPad has the potential to show DIFFERENT elements that are
RELATED simultaneously. The most obvious one of these is probably a
current playlist to which you can drag an item from the library but
there's even more to this then that.
I believe it will take some time until the full potential of the iPad
get's exploited and I'm not only speaking about iPeng here.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com