In my opinion there are three important areas which, if addressed, will
make this a knock-out app:

1) Filtering is essential when you have a fair idea what you want (I
emailed the following suggestion to Joerg back in January).

For instance, I'm tagging my FLAC files with multiple genres (e.g.
Joel;Blues;Delta Blues).  I would love to be able to filter music by
multiple genre.  e.g. First select "Joel" (which filters out all my
partner's albums), then "Blues" (broad "Blues" genre).  You get the
idea.

2) A picture tells a thousand words! Human beings are visual animals
and our primary cues are visual. As much album art as possible please!
I think that taking a leaf out of the Sooloos book makes a lot of sense.
Clearly the iPad screen is smaller than the 17" Sooloos Control 10, but
if the album art is a bit smaller, then I'm sure the same effect can be
achieved.  The image below is much smaller than the iPad screen!

[image:
http://www.meridian-audio.com/sooloos/img/experience/images/interface.jpg]

3) Finding music to listen to when you *don't* know what you want is
critical.  I agree that randomization is important.

I would love to:

- Display a page of random album art.
- Hold down my finger on one "pivot" album and get a pop-up menu.
- Select "View more albums from this year" or "from this genre" or "by
this artist".
- iPeng then displays a new page of album art (randomized) based on the
user's choice (leaving the pivot album in the same position as it was on
the first screen).
- User can swipe the page up/down in the likely event that there are
more albums than will fit on a single page.  (Paginating rather than
scrolling would allow the pivot album to remain in the same place on
the new page.)
- This process could be continued ad-infinitem with maybe one "previous
page" step.

I'm really looking forward to the iPad version - it was one of the main
reasons I bought an iPad!

Thanks,
Joel (Silber)

--