Wondering Jew;564705 Wrote:
> Hi y'all,
> There must be a very simple answer to my question, but I couldn't
> resolve it by myself nor find a satisfactory answer on the forum, so
> here it goes:
> I'm a SB3 user.
> My Music Folder is set to a specific folder on a drive on my desktop,
> where my slimserver is running. I only want the scanner to use this
> folder as the music source - that's where I have all my music
> collection, all laid out nicely in my favorite format, tagging, etc.
> The problem is that the scanner appears to be scanning other folders as
> well (e.g. My Documents and below) although I never asked it to do so.
>
> What am I doing wrong and how to resolve it?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Ronen.

go into SqueezeboxServer, then select settings (lower right hand side
of screen), then in Settings on one of the tabs, you can enter the
exact music subdirectory that you want it to scan as the location of
your music library. If this is C:\my music\, you would enter that info,
and SbS will only scan for music within that folder. SbS doesn't know
that you only have your music in "my music" unless you tell it.

--
garym