I'm sorry to bang on about Sooloos, but reading the Squeezepad thread
has left me rather uninspired.  Squeezepad will do nothing to help me
discover my lost music or find the right music to suit my mood.  The
same is true with iPeng as it stands, with only Genre and Year searches
available (which both present the results in an alphabetical list).

The guys who developed the Sooloos concept (before it was acquired by
Meridian) seemed to hit the nail on the head.  Sadly, even if I could
comfortably afford a Sooloos system, Meridian has nothing that would
replace my "small" system zones (SB Booms and SB3 attached to an F80).
Additionally, Sooloos has several key weaknesses, notably it's closed
architecture system with no possibility of 3rd party plug-ins.  Which
means no BBC iPlayer and no Spotify.

Here's the Sooloos "raison d'ĂȘtre" (my highlighting in *bold*:

Sooloos description Wrote:

> THE MERIDIAN SOOLOOS INTERFACE WAS BORN OUT OF A SIMPLE OBSERVATION:
> THAT AS MUCH AS WE LOVED ALL OF OUR MUSIC, WE DIDN'T LISTEN TO MUCH OF
> IT. WHETHER YOU HAVE 150 ALBUMS, OR 1500, OR 15000, THE PROBLEM IS THE
> SAME - YOU ONLY LISTEN TO A FRACTION OF YOUR MUSIC.
> We wondered about this. How could we present your library in a way that
> would keep it alive, and allow you to enjoy it anew every day?
>
> The Meridian Sooloos user interface first addresses this question at a
> basic level. We created a fast, rich and engaging visual interface on a
> full-size touchpanel that makes it easy to capture and share the
> excitement and enjoyment of music.
>
> The Meridian Sooloos user interface also offers a more sophisticated
> approach, with a feature we call Focus. As you import your music, the
> system brings together a great deal of information about every piece,
> and then gives you a simple but powerful interface to use this
> 'metadata' to adjust the Focus of how you view your collection.
>
> You'll always find exactly what you're looking for, whatever your mood
> or intent, quickly and easily.
>
> Whatever the situation - a party or celebration with friends; relaxing
> on a weekend with the family; quietly enjoying your favourite passages
> - the Meridian Sooloos interface is made for music.

http://www.meridian-audio.com/sooloos/the-experience.php

My (slightly more than) 2 cents.

--
VirusKiller