Okay well lets be clear.  I am not talking about the buying of new CDs
and turning them into FLAC and selling the originals on... it is a bit
of a hassle.  From now I will buy FLACs from Napster or some such
alternative....

What we are talking about is the turning my present CDs (from the last
20 years) into FLACs and selling them.

Is it illegal?  Probably.  But then it is legal to hang a Welshman in
Worcester if you find him within the old walls and it is after
midnight.... not all law is particularly sensible or adherred to.

I feel no moral compunction to adhere to the law of destroying
Radiohead's "OK Computer" after I have changed into a FLAC... I will
sell it for £2-4 at a carboot and if that makes me a criminal then so
be it.

--
loosetooth