aubuti;575285 Wrote:
> You can try to rationalize it by drawing imaginary lines between what
> you are proposing (selling old CDs) and illegal downloads (post #6), or
> buying new CDs and selling them after converting them to FLAC (post #9).
> But none is a more virtuous form of copyright infringement than the
> other.

I think I agree with that view.  My intention was to donate my CDs to a
charity shop after I had ripped them.  Thinking about this further
however, if someone buys them in the charity shop at a discounted rate,
they will not be buying them from the record company, and therefore the
artists will not be receiving their royalty payments.  So, I am giving
someone else's money to charity without their permission.  Interesting
dilemna isn't it?

--
JerryS