erland;580314 Wrote:

> ... The TV is good for showing music videos but I really don't want a
> solution where I have to turn on a TV to select what to play. ...

I'd say you got it exactly with that.  I have various players for
playing music: Mac, XBMC, WDTV, Squeezeboxes.  All of these can see the
same music files.  95% of the music I play comes out of the Squeezebox
precisely because all I have to do is grab the remote (or my phone) and
hit play.

Of course some people love the idea of using the TV to choose what
music they want to listen to, with nice visulaisers and so on, so there
will be a market for that as well.  But I think the dedicated players
will never go away, with and without a built in amp with speakers.

--
Aslak3

(SB 2, SB Boom, SB Radio)