aubuti;588017 Wrote:
> What kind of art files do you have that are more than half the size of
> the audio data?!? For my library (and I suspect a lot of others) the
> average is something like 25-40MB for a FLAC track and 10-20_KB_ for
> album art.
>
> I generally use a single cover.jpg per album anyway, but even if you're
> embedding the art I think a audio:art disk size ratio of 1000:1 is a lot
> more normal than the 2:1 you seem to be getting. Even if you had
> supersized album art with low quality MP3 it's hard to imagine how you
> get to 2:1.

Yes, I know.  That is why bliss was blowing my mind!  I kept seeing my
available space drop a Gig at a time, and started getting worried as I
was about to use up all available storage on my NAS.  I finally had to
stop bliss when I had 50GB of 1093GB remaining.

The cover art is typically only 40KB, and 99.9% of my music is FLAC.  I
don't think I can figure the math on it, but if I have 22,000 tracks,
and they each get 40KB (embedded)worth of cover art, I still should
only have added about a couple of Gigs at most.

As mentioned earlier, most art was 300x300 or 600x600.  I realize that
resolution does not correspond to file size of the JPG, but I could
count on one hand the number of times I put a large file (900x900) to
an album.  Still, having bliss grab ~1100 albums worth of covers used
~250GB worth of additional space.  I could get more exact numbers if
that helps, but I'm not too far off.

--
SamS