neilcoburn;588487 Wrote:
> I have both, and still haven't made my mind up.  One thing, though - is
> it just me - Squeezepad seems faster (to load lists and artwork etc)
> than iPeng? Is that inevitable, given iPeng is more feature rich, or
> could something be done to make it a bit snappier?

How long have you used iPeng?
iPeng will slow down the server a bit until you have loaded the artwork
the first time because it doesn't use the same tiny thumbnails
SqueezePlay uses.
That will go away after each thumbnail has been resized and only has to
be redone whenever you do a full clear&rescan of your library on the
server side.

Another difference is album loading: iPeng loads the artist name along
with the album which is slow in server versions up to 7.5.x.

For both issues using SBS 7.6 helps a lot.

Last but not least there's loading of the current playlist. With a
truely large current playlist this can put a _lot_ of load on the
server. I don't know exactly why that is, but SBS seems to be
particularly slow in processing this and iPeng always loads the whole
list in the background.

Apart from that there is a number of cases in which iPeng is actually
faster than SqueezePlay. Especially loading longer tables iPeng will
show content much sooner because it doesn't wait for the whole list to
be available.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com